How to Participate
- Record daily reading online beginning May 4.
- Every adult who reads at least 600 Minutes (10 hours) will be entered into a weekly prize drawing for a Walmart Gift Card beginning June 3!*
- Reading to your kids counts too!
- Adults who read at least 600 minutes (10 hours) will be entered into a grand prize drawing for an iPad!*
- Participate with weekly quizzes for a chance to win a Walmart Gift Card!*
- The last chance to report reading hours is July 31.
- Check out the Library's Downloadables page eBooks and downloadable audiobooks count toward your goal!
*Must have valid Bentonville Public Library card to be eligible to win.
- Book Discussions
- Tech Help
- TableTop Gaming
- Art Exhibits
- Special Presentations
- Registration starts: May 4
- Last chance to report hours: July 31
- Score higher on reading achievement tests! (Roman, S., Carran, D.T., and Fiore, C.D. (2010). The Dominican Study:Public Library Summer Reading Programs Close the Reading Gap. RiverForest, IL: Dominican University Graduate School of Library & Information Science.)
- Close the rich/poor reading achievement gap. (Alexander, K. (April 2009). Hopkins Study?public libraries determinativein school success. ODE, 72.)
- Free voluntary reading is as effective! (Krashen, S. (1989). "We acquire vocabulary and spelling by reading: Additional evidence for the Input Hypothesis." Modern Language Journal73: 440-464.)
Reading Makes You Smarter!
Recommended Reading Lists
Browse Genres & Series
Adults model good reading habits for children! Plus, why should the kids have all the summer fun?