Self-Service Pickup & Returns
Bentonville Public Library is now offering Self-Service Pickup & Returns
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Patrons are allowed to put up to five (5) items per pickup day, per library card, on hold through the catalog or by calling 479-271-3192.
- Hold Pickup is available for same-day pickup only. Items not picked up will be removed from patrons' accounts.
- Items can be placed on hold for same-day pickup until 5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and until 3 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Holds placed after this time will be available the next business day.
- Hold Pickup items will be checked-out to the patron's account. Items will be placed in a plastic bag with patron's name attached.
- Pickup bags will be available to pick up on the BPL front porch in alphabetical order by patron last name.
- Special items including iPads, Discovery Kits, Telescopes and American Girl® dolls will not be available for pickup.
- The drive-thru book-drop and book-drop at the Bentonville Community Center will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
- Bins will be available by BPL's front entrance for return items to be placed in.
- Patrons are required to place returns of books, DVDs, audiobooks, magazines and CDs in plastic (grocery style) bags. Bags will be available by the return station.
- Special items including iPads, telescopes, discovery kits, American Girl® dolls and games do not need to be returned in bags. A designated cart will be available to place these items on. Please email email@example.com or call 479-271-3192 when returning a speciality item.
- Returned items will be placed in quarantine for nine (9) business days*. Items will not be checked-in until they have been released from quarantine. Items will still show on patrons' accounts until they are checked-in by staff. No overdue fines will be assessed during this time. *Staff levels, Sundays and Holidays may impact the duration of quarantine time.
- Patrons are asked to ensure that all items are dry before returning.
In the event of inclement weather, Self-Service Pickup & Returns will be available inside BPL's entrance. Restrooms will not be available.
How will I know my holds are ready to pickup?
You will receive an email and a phone call when your holds are ready for pickup.
Will you bring my books to my car?
No. Self-Service Pickup is contactless. The pickup bags will be on the front porch tagged with the patron's last name and first initial.
How do I checkout my holds?
Your hold will be checked out to you prior to being placed on the porch.
What happens if I don't pick up my holds?
The books will be checked back in and your hold will be canceled.
Can you hold items more than 1 day?
Due to the high demand and limited space, holds will be available for same-day pickup only.
What happens if I put more than 5 available items on hold?
Only five items will be pulled per patron, per day. Additional holds will be canceled without notification.
There are items that are checked out or in-processing. Can I put these on hold and still put 5 available items on hold?
Yes. The 5 item limit applies to available items only.
I just put items on hold. How soon will they be ready?
Due to volume, we ask that patrons wait until they are notified that their holds are ready before coming to the library.
Can I put 5 items on hold for me and 5 items on my child's card on hold?
Yes. Patrons are allowed to put up to 5 items per library card per day.
Can I checkout a special item (like telescope, iPad, doll, Discovery Kit, etc.)?
No. Only books, DVDs, CDs and games will be available for pickup.
Can I use the drive-thru bookdrop?
No. The drive-thru bookdrop will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Can I use the bookdrop at the Bentonville Community Center?
No. The exterior bookdrop at the Bentonville Community Center will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Can I return items after hours?
No. Returns can only be made between 10 AM-6 PM Monday-Thursday and 10 AM-4 PM Friday and Saturday.
Can I also bring my donations?
No. Donations are not being accepted at this time.
Can I pay my fines when I return items?
No. We are not accepting any fine payments at this time. If you need help with your account due to fines, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to bag my items before I return them.
Patrons are asked to bag items before placing in the return bins. If you did not pre-bag your items, bags will be available on location.
I am returning an iPad (or telescope, doll, Discovery Kit, etc.). Do I need to bag these items?
Special items will have a designated cart. Please call the library at 479-271-3192 or email us at email@example.com to let us know when you have returned a special item. They do not need to be bagged.
My items are still on my account even though I returned them. Why?
When items are returned, they will be placed in quarantine for a minimum of nine (9) days before being checked in. After the quarantine, items will be checked-in and sanitized.
Do I need to return my items immediately?
All due dates have been extended to June 1. If you cannot return an item by this time, please renew the item or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a damaged item. What do I do?
If an item has become damaged, please call or email us so we can assess and give further instructions.