How to Participate
- Register! Download the free READsquared app and search for Bentonville Public Library or visit the READsquared Website
- Beginning June 1, record minutes read and earn digital badges to celebrate your summer reading!
- Summer Reading Program Begins: June 1
- Last chance to report reading: July 31
Virtual Programs & Resources
- Stories with BPL Online
- Free Fun For All
- eBooks, audiobooks, videos and more available through BPL Downloadables
Reading Makes You Smarter!
- Score higher on reading achievement tests! (Roman, S., Carran, D.T., and Fiore, C.D. (2010). The Dominican Study:Public Library Summer Reading Programs Close the Reading Gap. RiverForest, IL: Dominican University Graduate School of Library & Information Science.)
- Close the rich/poor reading achievement gap. (Alexander, K. (April 2009). Hopkins Study?public libraries determinativein school success. ODE, 72.)
- Free voluntary reading is as effective! (Krashen, S. (1989). "We acquire vocabulary and spelling by reading: Additional evidence for the Input Hypothesis." Modern Language Journal73: 440-464.)
- Program Sponsor: Friends of the Bentonville Public Library
- the Arkansas State Library is providing READsquared with CARES Act funding made possible by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Sponsored in part by a grant from U.S. Institute of Museum & Library Services to the Arkansas State Library under the provisions of the Library Services & Technology Act & other generous donations to the Library.
- Arkansas Arts Council