Bentonville Public Library’s Reading Buddy Program provides free literacy mentoring by trained teen volunteers to students in kindergarten through 6th grade.
Application & Program Info
- Fall 2018 Reading Buddy Application
- Fall Session Dates: Saturday, September 8 - Saturday, November 17
- Buddy Pairs: weekly sessions of individualized literacy activities that team up a teen mentor with a student in kindergarten through 6th grade. Individualized sessions are available on Mondays through Thursdays after school and on Saturday mornings.
- Pictures & Pages Book Group: 10:00 am on Saturday mornings and invites 1st through 3rd grade students to join teen mentors in a picture book sharing experience that will inspire group conversations and lead into engaging literacy activities.
- Talk It Up Book Group: meets at 10:00 am on Saturday mornings and allows 4th through 6th grade students to participate in book discussions focused on literary elements. The discussion is followed by a related hands-on activity.
- Media Release Announcing Fall 2018 Reading Buddy Session
Lesson Plans Fall 2018
[Credit: Youth Services Team, Bentonville Public Library, 2018]
Pictures & Pages Book Group
- (coming soon)
Contact the Bentonville Public Library Youth Services Team!
Sue Ann Pekel, Children's Librarian
email Sue or 479-271-6816
Sarah Herford, Teen Services Librarian
email Sarah or 479-273-7755
NOTE: Reading Buddies is a library program hosted by BPL. Although the program is limited by audience level and size, interest in reading and critical thinking is not restricted to Reading Buddies! The reading worksheets and lesson plans are free to use by learners of all ages.