How to Participate
- Sign up online.
- Record minutes read though Wandoo Reader software at your convenience.
- Beginning June 3, teens can complete weekly challeges in Wandoo Reader for opportunities to receive special recognition in the library or special prizes.
- Every teen who reads at least 600 minutes (10 hours) will be entered into a weekly prize drawing.
- Teens who read a minimum of 600 minutes (10 hours) will be entered into a grand prize drawing.
- The last chance to report reading hours is July 31.
- Check out the Library's Downloadables page eBooks and downloadable audiobooks count toward your goal!
- Movie Nights
- Book Discussions
- Special Presentations
- Registration starts: May 4
- Last chance to report hours: July 31
Reading Makes You Smarter!
2019 Best of the Best
- Score higher on reading achievement tests! (Roman, S., Carran, D.T., and Fiore, C.D. (2010). The Dominican Study:Public Library Summer Reading Programs Close the Reading Gap. RiverForest, IL: Dominican University Graduate School of Library & Information Science.)
- Close the rich/poor reading achievement gap. (Alexander, K. (April 2009). Hopkins Study?public libraries determinativein school success. ODE, 72.)
- Free voluntary reading is as effective! (Krashen, S. (1989). "We acquire vocabulary and spelling by reading: Additional evidence for the Input Hypothesis." Modern Language Journal73: 440-464.)
- Program Sponsor: Friends of the Bentonville Library
- Sponsored in part by a grant from U.S. Institute of Museum & Library Services to the Arkansas State Library under the provisions of the Library Services & Technology Act & other generous donations to the Library.