- Over 18 years of age
- Familiar with alphabetizing
- Able to follow directions
- Able to physically move books from cart to shelf
- Be punctual based on the schedule set up with the volunteer coordinator
- Must be willing to abide by all Library and City of Bentonville rules and policies
- Please consider carefully whether this time commitment will fit your schedule, we will depend on you
- Court-ordered community service not applicable
- Satisfaction from giving support to the community and promoting literacy
- Spend a few hours volunteering in a positive environment
- Keep the Library an attractive and enjoyable place to visit in Benton County
- Develop additional communication and interpersonal skills
- Shelving books, DVDs, CDs and other Library items
- Maintaining shelf order
- Review books for damage
- Book repair, which includes spine repair, rebinding and taping
- Straighten and dust book shelves
- Assist with craft projects when needed
- Resurfacing/cleaning DVDs
- Special projects when required
How to Apply
Please complete the online volunteer application. Or, applications are available at the Bentonville Library. Upon receipt of a complete application, library staff will contact you to discuss volunteer opportunities and schedule an appointment. All adult volunteer applicants over 18 years of age are subject to a background check.
For a list of special volunteer positions that need to be filled, please visit the Specialized Skills page.
Robin Mitchell is the Coordinator for the Adult Volunteer Program at Bentonville Public Library. Please contact her via email email@example.com or telephone 479-418-8655.