- 13 to 18 years of age
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Able to follow directions
- Able to physically move books from cart to shelf
- Must be willing to abide by all Library and City of Bentonville rules and policies
- Teens who want to make a difference in their community and promote literacy
- Please consider carefully whether this time commitment will fit your schedule, we will depend on you
- Court-ordered community service not applicable.
- Learn job-related skills
- Develop additional communication and interpersonal skills
- Volunteer experience can be added to scholarship, college and job applications
- Opportunity to apply for a position on our Teen Advisory Board
- Opportunity to apply for Friends of the Bentonville Library (students of local public and charter schools, plus homeschool) and Bentonville Library Foundation scholarships (students of Bentonville Public Schools)
- Satisfaction from promoting literacy and reading in your community
- Returning materials to shelves
- Maintaining shelf order
- Craft preparation
- Assisting with set-up/clean-up of Children's programs
- Manage the Summer Reading Club desk
- Participating in the Teen Summer Reading Club
- Other duties as needed
How to Apply
Please complete the online volunteer application. Or, applications are available at the Bentonville Library. Upon receipt of a complete application, library staff will contact you to discuss volunteer opportunities and schedule an appointment.
For a list of special volunteer positions that need to be filled, please visit the Specialized Skills page.
Sarah Herford is the Coordinator for the Teen Volunteer Program at Bentonville Public Library. Please contact her via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 479-273-7755.