Thank you for considering Bentonville Public Library as a potential employer.
Bentonville Library seeks positive and enthusiastic individuals who enjoy public service, practice proactive customer relations and value lifelong learning.
Every employee plays an integral role in the library's team, to successfully implement public services, policies, procedures and programs in accordance with the library's mission. All BPL jobs require a strong focus on customer service, professionalism, teamwork and technology experience. Further, all positions require the application of elementary principles of library and information sciences. Other duties may be assigned; attendance is required of all positions. Complete job descriptions are available upon request.
BPL is a City of Bentonville department, adhering to the city's employment and personnel policies.
City Application Procedures
To be considered for open positions, candidates must complete and submit the City of Bentonville job application and provide a professional résumé.
Completed applications and résumés should be submitted to:
City of Bentonville, Human Resources
117 West Central Avenue
Bentonville, AR 72712
Learn more on the City's employment website.
Part-Time Circulation/Reference Library Clerk
Salary Range: $9.25 – $16.07 per hour, DOE
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4 – 8:30 PM (18 hours / week)
Brief Job Summary
Works under the supervision of the reference and circulation librarians.
Circulation department responsibilities include: public desk duties, issues and updates library cards, tenders money, checks out materials, checks in materials, sorts, shelves and repairs materials.
Reference department responsibilities include: public desk duties, assists patrons in locating materials, helps computer users with technical questions, data-entry and cataloging tasks, performs inter-library loan procedures and meeting room assistance.
NWACC Work-Study / Reading Tutor
- Must be a NWACC student who is eligible for financial aid.
- Must be enrolled in Assoc. of Applied Science in Early Childhood Ed., Assoc. of Arts in Teaching, or Cert. of Proficiency in Child Development Associate programs.
- Must be able to work Saturdays and afterschool/evening hours.
- More details can be found on NWACC's website.
- Student will act as a reading tutor for preschool-age through elementary-school-age children through the following programs: Study Buddies and Reading Buddies.
- Student will perform family literacy activities in a family literacy project that provides services to families with preschool-age children or children who are in elementary school through Early Literacy Story times.
- Student will work directly with children and parents delivering the curriculum.
- Shelving and reading age appropriate books and digital resources to develop curriculum under the supervision of a MLS librarian.
- Learn more at NWACC's website.
NWACC Application Procedures
BPL is partnering with NWACC for this unique position. Application and hiring procedures will be in accordance with both organization's policies. BPL reserves the right to conduct a police, background and/or criminal inquiry on the student. Service and retention is contingent on the results of these inquiries.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Please note, submission of an application and/or résumé does not automatically guarantee candidates a professional interview with library administration.
The City of Bentonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City of Bentonville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, political status, disability status or other legally protected status. Job offers are contingent on police, background and/or criminal inquiries and drug screen. Some job offers also require a physical exam and/or a credit check, as appropriate.