Bentonville Public Library's Genealogy and Local History collection is housed in the William Enfield Genealogy and Local History Center. This section of the library is staffed by volunteers from the Northwest Arkansas Genealogy Society, who are available for research assistance. To see the volunteer schedule, click here.
To email the genealogy department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To visit the NAGS website: www.nwagenealogicalsociety.org
Fold 3 - History and Genealogy Archives Plus - IN LIBRARY LINK. 60 million pages of historical documents including census records from 1860 and 1930, city directories, historical newspapers, naturalization documents and state records. Featured collections include African American, American Revolution, Native American, US Bureau of Investigation Case File and World War II archives.
Fold 3 - History and Genealogy Archives Plus - OFFSITE LINK. 60 million pages of historical documents including census records from 1860 and 1930, city directories, historical newspapers, naturalization documents and state records. Featured collections include African American, American Revolution, Native American, US Bureau of Investigation Case File and World War II archives.
Search censuses, genealogy and local history books, Periodical Source Index (PERSI), Revolutionary War records, Freedman's Bank Records and LexisNexis US Serial Set.
Proquest Ancestry Library
In-Library Use Only. Discover your story in the world's largest online family history resource. Find census, birth, marriage, death records and more. Ancestry.com library edition is provided for use at BPL via our public computers or your laptop using the Library's WIFI.
BPL is everywhere you are! If you like to learn, about any subject, from your computer or mobile device, visit BPL's eLearning.
We offer resources too numerous to list, but some of our most popular items are:
- Benton County Records for birth, marriage, census, death and cemeteries. Other county records include Carroll, Madison and Washington.
- Benton County Daily Record on microfilm, late 1800s-2011. Current issues are located in the Newspaper section in the main library.
- Native American Resources, Family Histories and Reference books from across the United States supplement Arkansas collections. Missouri, Tennessee and Virginia are well-represented.
- Pennsylvania Archives multi-volume set, a specialized resource.
- Quarterly Publications include The Arkansas Family Historian, The Arkansas Historical Quarterly, The Backtracker, The Benton County Pioneer and other local quarterlies.
- Daughters of the American Revolution records, military rosters, Confederate soldier lists and other war archives.
In addition to our local, specialized quarterlies, BPL provides a few national magazines. Back issues of these titles may be checked out for 3 weeks.
Emphasizes carefully documented genealogy and analyses of difficult genealogical problems, all directed toward providing serious genealogists with examples of how they too might solve such problems.
Family Tree Magazine
Covers all the areas of potential interest to family history enthusiasts, reaching beyond genealogy research to include ethnic heritage, family reunions, memoirs, oral history, scrapbooking, historic travel and more.
About Recommended Sites
Our goal is to provide you with educational, entertaining and reliable information on the internet. All web content should be viewed with a discerning eye for accuracy, authorship and currency. Please note, by providing these web links for easy access, inclusion does not imply endorsement by Bentonville Library.