Services in the Community
Services to Adults in Group Settings
- Tales & Travels – Tales & Travel Memories is an innovative book and reading program that provides services directly to people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias. Each one-hour program takes participants on an imaginary trip to another country or region of the United States using library materials such as adult and children’s books, music, artifacts, folktales, and regalia. BPL staff can provide this program in nursing homes or assisted living facilities.
- Adult Storytimes - This program provides story times to aging adults. Story times are led by a staff member who will read short stories with participants. This program is ideal for senior centers, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
- Digital Literacy Presentations – BPL offers presentations on how to use digital tools to find and evaluate information. These presentations can be adapted to varying ages and skill levels, such as adult education classes or aging adults.
Services to Youth in Group Settings
- Storytimes - BPL in the Community brings books, songs, movement activities, and more to community locations. All ages are welcome for this fun, family story time!
- Bentonville Community Center – 1st Friday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
- Peel Mansion – 3rd Friday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
- Osage Park Pavilion - select Fridays, 10:30 a.m.
- Class/School visits – [info]
- Daycare Visit/Storytime - [info]
- Services Presentations - BPL has so much to offer, from databases and book club kits to engaging programs! To help your group connect with these resources, BPL staff can speak to various community groups, such as businesses, community leaders, neighborhood associations, school classes, or faith-based organizations. A BPL representative will present about free library services tailored to the specific needs and interests of their audience. Presentations can be modified for all ages.
- Book Club Kits – Book Club Kits contain everything you need to host your own book club- 10 copies of the same book, discussion questions, and a reading guide. For community book clubs, BPL can handle delivery and pick-up of Book Club Kits, and even facilitate the group discussion. Browse our complete selection of Book Club Kits for all ages here.
- Table & Library Card Sign-Up – BPL can host a table at your event to provide information about library services. At the same time, participants can register for a new library card.