Pickup Lockers are Here!
Patrons can now choose 3 locations to pick up their holds.
How to Use the Pickup Lockers
It's as easy as 1,2,3!
Place a hold.
- Select location.
Pick it up.
Placing a Hold
1. Visit bentonvillelibrary.org's catalog to pick an item for check out.
2. Type in the item you want to check out. Click on the orange PLACE HOLD button underneath the item.
3. Enter your Library card information: card number and PIN (usually the last four of your phone number).
4. Pick one of our 3 (three) pickup locations: Bentonville Library, Community Center, or Outdoor Locker. For more information on locations, see below.
5. Click SUBMIT HOLD.
The Pick Up Process
You will need your Library card or Library card number.
1. Press "Holds Pick-Up" on locker screen.
2. Scan library card or type your library card number.
3. Confirm pickup items.
4. Locker will open and you can retrieve your items.
5. Once lockers closes, items will be checked out to your account.
When and Where Can I Pick Up?
- Continues as usual during library hours
- For holds placed by closing on Saturday -> pick up Tuesday
- For holds placed by closing on Wednesday -> pick up Friday
- During Community Center hours
- Next-day pickup after 12PM-> Open 24/7
- Holds placed on Saturday will be available on Monday.
This is the classic. Located inside Bentonville Public Library, this location is serviced on a regular basis throughout Library business hours. If you need a hold in a hurry, this is your best bet. Pickup is only available during Library hours. If you work late or live across town, try one of our other options.
Our home away from home. Located inside Bentonville Community Center, this location is serviced twice a week. If you place a hold by closing on Saturday, 5PM, then we will have your hold in those lockers on Tuesday. If you place a hold by closing on Wednesday, 8PM, then you can expect your hold on Friday. This option is perfect if you live on the southwest side of town or in Centerton. You can also pick up your items after a fun day at the Community Center.
Open 24/7/365. Located right outside the Library's front doors, this location is perfect for those early birds, night owls and Sunday drivers. Holds sent to this location will be ready for pickup the next day after 12PM. Then, you'll be able to pick up your items any time of day or night, even after the Library closes.
Things to Know
- You can drop off your items before the due date at the normal drop-off locations.
- When an item says AVAILABLE, the hold will be pulled as soon as possible.
- When an item says UNAVAILABLE, the hold will be pulled when you are next in the queue.
- All holds will be available for pickup for 3 (three) business days before being returned to circulation.
- What I can and can't place on hold:
- Can - books, audiobooks, DVDs/Binge Boxes
- Can't - board games, Library of Things items, book club kits
- For ADA accommodation, please send emails here.
BPL’s Pickup Lockers are made possible with American Rescue Plan Act funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Grants to States program and CARES Act funds; both programs are administered by the Arkansas State Library.