Bentonville Public Library is committed to collaborating with area educators as we work together to build a community of readers. The library offers a variety of resources to assist educators with curriculum support, enrichment activities and professional development opportunities. If you are an educator in the Bentonville Public School District, you are eligible for a free library card at BPL.
If you would like to schedule a field trip, librarian visit or need assistance, please contact BPL's Children's Librarian, Christina Clark at 479-271-6816 or email email@example.com.
All field trips to the library are free of charge and designed to meet grade-appropriate curriculum frameworks for grades K-12. All field trips will include a tour with a behind the scenes look at the circulation process.
- Students in kindergarten and 1st grade will enjoy stories and activity stations, in addition to the tour.
- 2nd grade students learn how books are organized on the library shelves, listen to short booktalks of popular titles and enjoy activity stations as well as the tour.
- 3rd and 4th grade students will review how books are organized on the library shelves, hear brief booktalks on popular titles, tour the library resources then exercise their library skills by following clues on a library scavenger hunt.
- Students in 5th through 12th grade will tour library resources then focus on research skills using both print and computer resources.
All librarian visits are free of charge and designed to meet grade-appropriate curriculum frameworks for grades K-12.
- The Library Online
Help your students become familiar with the library's website and the many resources available online. We'll craft a customized program of the library's eLearning resources.
- Booktalk Visits!
Encourage your students to read! We present booktalks for the latest titles, current award winners, specific genres, multicultural topics or other subjects you suggest.
- Outreach to your Event
Planning a public event for students and parents? BPL will gladly host an information booth to promote our services to local families.
Submit requests to library staff for items for use in the classroom. Library staff members carefully select classroom-appropriate materials matching the criteria given by the teacher, such as specific titles or subject areas, grade or reading level and type of material.
Reserve Materials for Student Use in Library
Submit request to library staff for items to be placed on a reserve shelf in Bentonville Public Library for use by students at the library. Library staff members carefully select appropriate materials matching the criteria given by the teacher, such as specific titles or subject areas, grade or reading level and type of material.
Professional Collection resources including professional journals, books, big book, puppets and more are available for check-out to educators.
Professional Development Opportunities
BPL librarians will create customized workshops to assist educators in using library resources to meet teaching needs and update or improve professional knowledge and skills.
Bentonville Public Library's meeting rooms are available for in-services and/or team meetings. Reserve your room online today.
Log on to BPL's Student Portal for databases categorized by subject. Many resources have educator and curriculum tools too! Or, link to our complete list of eLearning resources for all grades and ages.
- Arkansas Department of Education: Frameworks for Educators
- Arkansas History Hub
- Arkansas State Library for Teachers/Students
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
About Recommended Sites
Our goal is to provide you with educational, entertaining and reliable information on the internet. All web content should be viewed with a discerning eye for accuracy, authorship and currency. Please note, by providing these web links for easy access, inclusion does not imply endorsement by Bentonville Library.